We are grateful for our lovely followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Google Website Translator Gadget

Monday 14 November 2016

#177 Embossing Heat or Dry and a Design Team Call

PLEASE SCROLL DOWN FOR THE CHALLENGE DETAILS

DESIGN TEAM CALL 
Sadly a couple of our team will be leaving us at the end of this year and so we are holding a Design Team call with this challenge. The term is flexible, if you like us and we like you there will be no definite length of term. We publish every two weeks, with a long break at Christmas and a similar break in the Summer. 


The requirements would be for you to create for as many challenges as you can manage, although I might frown at once every 3 months or something like that. But we are not hard and fast and don't complain if you are not able to produce work for every single challenge. After all we all have actual lives as well as being on teams. 


You will, however, be assigned two numbers to comment on which we do like you to do, unless you let us know that you are unable to do so so that we may cover your numbers. 


We don't have sponsors so you will not be asked to work with any digital images and it does mean that your creativity is not stifled by having to work with a set image!


Every so often you will be asked to host the challenge, which basically means it's your responsibility to choose the Winner and the Top 5 from that challenge. Everything else, such as the actual post etc. I will do, all you have to do is pick your favourites from the entries. 


If you think you fancy having a go please add your name below with the letters DT following it so I know you are not just entering the challenge. You do not need to enter this particular challenge in order to leave an entry to apply to be on the team, but it would be nice to see what you can come up with for this challenge if you have time!


Now onto the challenge     


Jackie is hosting today and our challenge is Embossing which can be either dry or heat. If it's not obvious please tell us where you embossing is!

As usual You can enter anything you fancy, it doesn't have to just be cards, as long as it meets the challenge, and doesn't exceed the 15 total challenges entered rule!


Some inspiration from our fabulous DT

 Jackie
My card is a mostly white on white CAS card with a hint of blue and silver (not the easiest to photograph, sadly).  I've used both dry and heat embossing on this one.


Josephine
A variety of embossing techniques here: dry embossing, dry debossing with ink, heat embossing and triple embossing! Once I get a word into my head, it seems to stick!

Glenda Atkins
I  dry embossed the  background upon which I layered a heat embossed floral layer, added a circle,  a burlap flower, some twine and inserted a tag . Fun and easy!

I thought I would get started in my Christmas cards with this challenge.  I used both dry and heat embossing on my card.  The snowflake shimmery background was embossed with an embossing folder by Cuttlebug..  The sentiment and the snowflake were embossed with Platinum embossing powder. 

Ina

Needing to get Christmas card going.I went for a CAS card using bothdry and heat embossing. Snowflakes and sentiment are SU, embossing folder is an old Cuttlebug one.

Mary
I used an embossing folder from Sheena Douglas, cut out a central aperture following the embossing lines and used it to frame a sheet from one of Hunkydory's Little Books.


Kimx
For my card I chose to use a lovely Dreamweaver Metal stencil which I dry embossed using my Cuttlebug. I then heat embossed the leaves to highlight them. See my blog for more details.

Maike
I used one of my favourite embossing folders on this card: Snowflakes #2 by Echo Park. Santa and all his surroundings are part of the adorable "On the Housetop" by Gerda Steiner Designs. You'll find more pictures and a full list of supplies on my blog ;o)

I have used an Embossing Folder and Embossing Powder, Wild Rose Studio Image and a Spellbinders Die

I used an embossing folder for the snowflakes on this card and heat embossed the crazy bird before colouring with alcohol pens. Full details of how I made this are on my blog.

I used a Darice snowflake embossing folder on white cardstock, then added color with Distress Ink Pads.  The image is from Stampin Up, Lovely As A Tree. Wink of Stella was added to the tree for sparkle.











8 comments:

  1. Thank you for the Challenge.
    Lovely cards DT members.
    Greetings Crealientje.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous makes from the DT, thank you for a great challenge.
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards, ladies! I loved the embossing folder Mary used so much I actually hunted it down and ordered it. Fabulous work by all. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the challenge. Lovely work by the design team.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards by the DT! So inspiring! Thanks Ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab inspiration from the DT, thanks for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous DT work!
    Nice challenge.
    Have a Nice weekend!
    Greetings Maia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for joining in our challenges and leaving lovely comments.